Visit the Tungnath Trek in Uttarakhand with these Tips and Travel Guide
If you are a trek lover than you must have heard about Tungnath Trek which is one of the most popular and challenging treks located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand state. The trek takes you to elevation of 12073 ft. above from sea level and here you can visit Tungnath Temple which is the highest Lord Shiva temple in the world. Tungnath Trek is about 4 Kms from roads where you can easily drive from Haridwar, Rishikesh or Dehradun, but it is a tough trek because of straight route to reach. Here are some quick details of Tungnath Trek for your upcoming trip to Tungnath or we can say you must know before trekking.
Tips to Know Before Trekking:
Here are some tips to know before trekking on the Tungnath Trek:
- Acclimatize yourself to the high altitude: The Tungnath Trek takes you to an altitude of 12,073 feet, and it is important to acclimatize yourself to the high altitude before starting the trek.
- Carry proper gear: It is important to be well-equipped with proper gear such as warm clothing, a good pair of trekking shoes, and a first aid kit.
- Stay hydrated: It is important to stay hydrated while on the trek, and you should carry enough water and electrolyte drinks to last you through the day.
- Follow the rules and regulations: You should follow the rules and regulations set by the authorities while trekking on the Tungnath Trek.
- Check the Weather: while planning a trip to Tungnath you should check the weather details sometimes its heavy rain fall or snow fall during the day, so you have to check for safety.
- Schedule to trip: You should start at early morning and then reach there at morning to explore the area because at afternoon it will be not very easy to trek and return before evening.
How to Reach Tungnath
The Tungnath Trek can be reached by taking a bus or hiring a taxi from Haridwar to Rudraprayag, which is the starting point of the trek. From Rudraprayag, you can hire a local taxi or take a shared jeep to reach the trekking base or just tell them to take you to Chopta Valley, which is located at a distance of around 25 kilometers from Rudraprayag on the Pokhari Road.
Best Time to Visit Tungnath
The best time to visit the Tungnath Trek is from April to June and then Sept to Nov, when the weather is pleasant, and the trails are clear. The trek is covered in snow during the winter months, but if you are snow lover and have some trekking experience then you can trek to Tungnath during winter from Dec to March.
You can also enjoy the view of Chopta Valley or stay there for a day or 2 to enjoy the whole weather of valley, morning sunrise and camping in Chopta.
In last, the Tungnath Trek is a popular and challenging trek located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand State. The trek is located at a distance of around 185 kilometers from Haridwar and can be reached by taking a bus or hiring a taxi from Haridwar to Rudraprayag. The best time to visit the trek is from April to November, and it is important to be well-equipped with proper gear and to acclimatize you to the high altitude before starting the trek.
If you have any query or question about Tungnath Trek and you want to know about it then you can simply post a comment on the below given section or send your query at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happy to help you or give you the best details for your trekking trip to Uttarakhand.
You can also book a trip to Tungnath from us via sending your query to us.